Alief Baptist Church @ Katy accepts only the “Holy Bible” in matters of Faith and Practices. We advance the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in according to Matthew 28:18-20. We serve God by Praising and Worshiping Him, Equipping Members for Service, Living a Christian Life and Ongoing Christian Education.
Our Vision is to fulfill the Mission of Jesus Christ by and through Prayer, Evangelism, Missions, Stewardship, Worship, and Fellowship.
How Do I Become Saved?
The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven. Jesus said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.” (John 14:6) Good works cannot save you.“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9) Trust Jesus Christ today! Here’s what you must do:
- Admit you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23) “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” (Romans 5:12) “If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:10)
- Be willing to turn from sin (repent). Jesus said: “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5) “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:” (Acts 17:30)
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8) “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”(Romans 10:9)
- Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour. “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”(Romans 10:10) “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
If you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, as a Christian you should:
- Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better. “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”(Psalms 119:105)
- Talk to God in prayer every day. “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:22)“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Philippians 4:6)
- Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority. “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Matthew 28:19) “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25) “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:”(2 Timothy 3:16)
- Tell others about Christ. “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15) “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” (1 Corinthians 9:16) “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)
Our Rally Cry
“The Church That Unties Hands”